Introduction to Interpersonal Skills:
Listening and Helping for Professionals - Course Overview
This CSCT short course comprises of: a one-day, five-hour
workshop on Introduction to Interpersonal Skills: Listening and Helping
for Professionals and is aimed at anyone wishing to improve their
skills in this area.
Participants who attend the workshop will be given a CSCT Certificate
No formal entry requirements other than using or intending to use listening
and helping Skills (such as in social and health care settings).
Aims of this workshop
Introduction to Interpersonal Skills will address:
- Skills to improve awareness of and enhance use of communication in
personal and professional settings.
- The applicability of interpersonal skills in a helping relationship.
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to answer the questions:
- What are interpersonal skills?
- What are potential blockages to good communication?
- What roles do self-awareness and ethics play in the use of interpersonal
skills in a helping interaction?
- Trainer and group led discussion
- Practical exercises in pairs and small groups
- Personal reflection
Learning outcomes of this workshop
At the end of this workshop participants will have:
- Defined the meaning and use of interpersonal skills
- Identified various listening skills
- Identified personal viewpoints that impact on communication (e.g.
assumptions, beliefs, feelings)
- Identified potential blockages to good communication and ways to overcome
- Identified own learning needs and areas for development
HOW TO ORDER
Please fill in the form (click
here) and post or fax it to:
CSCT Ltd, 13 Coleshill Street,
West Midlands B72 1SD,
Tel: 0870 163 6900,
Fax: 0121 355 5581