Introduction to Loss
and Grief Listening and Helping Skills - Course Overview
This CSCT short course comprises: One day, five-hour workshop
on Loss and Grief Helping Skills. Participants who attend the workshop
will be given a CSCT Certificate of Attendance.
No formal entry requirements other than using or intending to use
grief and loss helping Skills with clients. It is recommended to have
completed the one-day Introduction to Interpersonal Skills or equivalent.
Aims of this workshop
This one-day course aims to:
- Give an overview of the different theories on stages and tasks of
the grieving process.
- Encourage participants to increase awareness of their personal responses
to loss and grief.
- Raise awareness of the cultural differences in grieving.
- Review and highlight helpful responses to people experiencing loss
- Increase participants' confidence in using appropriate helping skills
within the context of loss and grief.
- Encourage further learning and training as appropriate.
- Meaning of loss and grief
- Various models of stages of grief
- Awareness of difference in grieving
- Personal responses to loss and grief
- Awareness of importance of understanding personal attitudes and the
impact on work with people experiencing loss and grief
- Awareness of possible signs of complicated grieving and referrals
A blend of information, group discussion, role-play and case study will
be provided. The emphasis will be on active learning related to participants'
work based experience. The main forms of learning involve:
- Trainer and group led discussion
- Practical exercises in pairs and small groups
- Personal reflection
At the end of this workshop participants should be able to:
- Support people who are at various stages in the cycle of grief.
- Listen actively and respond appropriately to people experiencing loss
- Identify losses in their own lives and their impact on work.
- Identify the range and depth of responses to loss.
- Identify possible need for referral and source of referral
HOW TO ORDER
Please fill in the form (click
here) and post or fax it to:
CSCT Ltd, 13 Coleshill Street,
West Midlands B72 1SD,
Tel: 0870 163 6900,
Fax: 0121 355 5581